I don't buy that using something other than CALL is not as robust.
Especially after I looked up the word in the dictionary again.  There are
numerous performance reasons for using data queing and the like versus
CALL.  And this is stuff that has been used IN PRACTICE and not just theory
for years.  I am tired of coding for morons.  I've known people who did not
know how to use a SETLL or a CHAIN in RPG.  Wrote everything using read
loops until they got the desired record.  Does this mean we should code for
this level of personnel?  He!! no!  Many people would like the challenge of
doing something different or learning a new technique.

Rob Berendt

==================
Benjamin Franklin

                    "Steve Richter"
                    <srichter@AutoCoder       To:     <midrange-l@midrange.com>
                    .com>                     cc:
                    Sent by:                  Fax to:
                    midrange-l-admin@mi       Subject:     Re: OO benefits?
(was Re: Fast400 Value to iSeries community
                    drange.com                 is    less    than zero )

                    11/17/2001 11:35 AM
                    Please respond to
                    midrange-l