Keith,

Dave's analysis seems right-on...

I had limited exposure to Kronos about 10 years ago, with former employer,
interfacing it to JDE.  AFAIK, my current client and the parent org still
use Kronos to interface to Lawson.  I'll see if that's still the case.  I
might be able to put them in touch with you (off-list, probably next week)
if there's a mutual interest.

I'm guessing Kronos has a higher margin on their 400 product.  (They are
cross-platform, last I heard).  If you can build a good rapport with the
Kronos people, they may be an *strong asset*, in getting the conversation to
focus on the business issues, like TCO.

I've been lucky enough to work for executives that had a healthy skepticism
of consultants.  I hope you are in a similar situation.  Best o' luck...!

jt