>Model 400 will also not be supported.
>
>Al Barsa, Jr.

Here is an IBM quote from:

http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/support/planning/v5r1state.html#spd2pcifeatures

* END OF DISKETTE SUPPORT, August 2001:

OS/400 V5R1 is the final release to support the use of 5 1/4- and 8- inch
diskettes.

* OS/400 V5R1, April 2001:

OS/400 V5R1 is the FINAL RELEASE to be supported on AS/400 MODELS 400, 436,
40S, 500, 510, 530, 50S, 53S.

I sure wish the 400 wasn't on the list.

-- Charly

"If you wanna end the war and stuff you gotta
sing loud." -- Arlo Guthrie

For their next act, they'll no doubt be buying a firewall running under NT,
which makes about as much sense as building a prison out of meringue.  --
Tanuki

Charly Jones
253 265-6244
Gig Harbor