And lately they've been trying to force feed services on to the AS/400
world.  Lately I am hearing more and more about how a Support Line issue
should be a Consult Line issue that we should pay extra for.  So far every
time I've used Consult Line it goes back to being a bug with the OS and I
don't get charged.

Rob Berendt

==================
A smart person learns from their mistakes,
but a wise person learns from OTHER peoples mistakes.

                    Tony Pack
                    <tony.pack@dixiegro       To:
"'midrange-l@midrange.com'" <midrange-l@midrange.com>
                    up.com>                   cc:
                    Sent by:                  Fax to:
                    midrange-l-admin@mi       Subject:     RE: Help Save the
iSeries
                    drange.com

                    10/23/2001 11:15 AM
                    Please respond to
                    midrange-l

No,  IBM wants to sell the X-series.  The real money to be made is in
software and services.  Can't make much money on the 400 since it does not
need the level of service that a PC server does.
Tony Pack