CAE is *not* OS/400.  You're talking about a product that runs on
Windoze.  Sheesh.

Doggone you James, I shoulda known someone was going to mention Linux!
O.K., let's rephrase the question:  Is there *any* enterprise-level
systems' OS upgrade out there (all vendors) that does *not* take more
resources to operate than the previous levels?

And James, I'll ask because I truly don't know.  When you first
installed Linux on that "old hardware", was that system near maxxing
out?  Or did you have headroom to grow?  Also, specific to the question
I originally asked, do the newer Linux versions take more or less
resources than earlier versions?

Basit, I guess I'd just leave you with this thought.  If you find a
better platform for your billion dollar business that has the same or
better TCO, then go for it.  And don't look back.

Dan Bale
IT - AS/400
Handleman Company
248-362-4400  Ext. 4952