  • Subject: Re: Free OS/400
  • From: "James W. Kilgore" <eMail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 10:43:50 -0700

Joe,

Somewhere in the dark recesses of my mind the number 255 keeps popping
up as to the number of record formats in a file.  I'm sure that it has
changed by now, but you may want to revisit your 99 format limitation.

If you think that what I have presented to you is a little on the wild
side, wait till you see the DDS for a REAL display file, like CUSTDSPF
used by CUSTWRK, CUSTEDT, CUSTADD, CUSTLST, CUSTDSP, CUSTINQ, CUSTEND,
CUSTRSM, CUSTSTR, CUSTetc. which allows access to customer/internal item
code translation, a phone book, outstanding receivables, open and
historical sales orders, recall of invoice images, faxing said invoices,
oh, not to mention notes.

Ya got to love these lazy hazy crazy days of summer! ;)

<<snip>>