  • Subject: RE: Remote Management
  • From: Evan Harris <spanner@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 18:41:19 +1200

Dwayne,

I have been able to get PTF's I've downloaded to propogate OK using
management central, but I sure couldn't figure out how to get it to
propogate PTF's from Cumes.

My understanding was that it needed the PTF SAVF to pull this trick.

If I am wrong can you tell me what I might be doing wrong, or at the very
least give me a hint as to your set up ?

Regards
Evan HArris

>What version of OS/400 will you be running ??
>
>I can think of no better solution to this than management central using CA
>Express.  Provided you have the same LPP's etc. across your systems, you
>will only need to load them on one system, and then distribute them
>automagically, and have your systems IPL each night to apply them.  This
>works, and works well.  Really well.
<SNIP>