Also try go verb and go subject from the command line

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-midrange-l@midrange.com
[mailto:owner-midrange-l@midrange.com]On Behalf Of Shaw, David
Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2001 10:19 AM
To: 'MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com'
Subject: RE: Old AS/400

Bob,

Many things will work as documented, especially basic system management
functions.

As for your disks, you can see what disks you have and get information about
them and what they're doing in several different ways.  For starters,
WRKDSKSTS will show you unit numbers, types, capacities, and various
utilization statistics.  There are also options in STRSST that will show you
info on them.  However, forget the notion of disk volume names and libraries
being tied to specific disks.  That concept does not exist on the /400 in
any recognizable form.  For most purposes, you can think of the disks on the
/400 as belonging to a single large "volume", with all the libraries stored
on it.  There are no "normal" interfaces to show you which disks have which
objects on them, or to manipulate that in any direct manner.

As for the friendliness of the interface, that's a matter of opinion.  There
are lots of different ways to find commands on the /400 without knowing what
they are in advance.  How would I find the command "manage disks" on the
Wang if I didn't know what it was called?  If you're using a GUI on the
Wang, you can't compare to V2R1 green screens, since when that release first
shipped 10 years ago there was no GUI for the /400.  Operations Navigator on
V3 and V4 systems provides a GUI which has a point-and-click that will get
you to disk information.

Dave Shaw
Spartan International, Inc.
Spartanburg, SC
---
If you would like to subscribe to the MAPICS-L mailing list send email to
MAPICS-L-SUB@midrange.com or go to www.midrange.com and follow the
instructions.