  • Subject: Re: Experince with Perle 494
  • From: Larry Bolhuis <lbolhuis@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 22:10:31 -0500

> Multiple sessions are using multiple workstation addresses, and once you
> hit a total of 40 addresses attached to one controller no additional
> sessions can start.  You move the PC to another controller, with less than
> 40 active twinax addresses, and get connected.

  Not quite correct. WIth CA Over twinax there is only ONE twinax
'session' (address) active. Each session on the PC just uses another of
the available sessions in the active mode.  It certainly sounds like you
are hitting some type of limit for sure. If you have 5 twinax cards in
that thing (140 possible addresses) the number of sessions could easily
hit 256. What I can't remember is whether you get multiple instances of
mode QPCSUPP, one for each of the 5 cards in the perle or just one
instance.  If you check the mode status does it show that you have
sessions avilable?

 - Larry

--
Larry Bolhuis