  • Subject: Re: Is mirroring of 660x's load source units still needed?
  • From: Larry Bolhuis <lbolhuis@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 21:50:24 -0500

As I understand it the 5xx series never supported RAID on the load
source, you DO need mirroring.  Your steps to get there are correct.
RAID the drives on the 65XX controllers, add all disks to ASP, then
start mirroring. The system won't mirror the drives already protected by
RAID. You don't actually start mirroring by controller but rather for
the ASP.  Some time will elapse as the system figures out what to mirror
to what, then it will IPL and the final data copy will occur during the
IPL to OS/400.

HTH - Larry

--
Larry Bolhuis