Okay, the 10.10.xxx.xxx is a "private" network, and can only be seen by
machines on the same "wire", that is, your local network.  That address range
can not "see" the internet.

The 207.70.xxx.xxx address is on the "public" network (internet) and can be
seen by any machine on the internet.

The test IIS box, as you state, has the 10.10.xxx.xxx address so can see the
AS/400, as they have the same address subnet, and are on the same "wire".

So, the question is, how do you get a machine on the internet to see your
AS/400?

There are a number of ways.

1. Give your AS/400 a "public" network address, 207.70.xxx.xxx that you have
available.  This opens up a can of worms, however, that now you really really
have
to take a very close look at all the security on your AS/400 (ftp, telnet,
http, etc...).

2. Use some type of proxy server for the connection.  This can be complicated,
however,
by the fact that it is very easy to initiate an outgoing connection (from your
AS/400 to the
public remote IIS server) but very hard to initiate an incoming connection
(from the remote
IIS to your AS/400).

3. Create a custom proxy program on a machine that can see both the public
internet and
the private network.  This machine would have both ip addresses (a proxy server
has 2
ip address, one for the public and one for the private).  This program would
accept any
open request on a certain port (pick your own) and forward it on to the other
machine.
That is, if it gets a request from 207.70.xxx.xxx (your remote iis server) it
would then open
a TCP/IP socket to your 10.10.xxx.xx box and forward on the information.  It
would work
as in intermidiary.  This is exactly the way proxy servers work.  It is not a
difficult program,
but whoever writes it has to understand socket programming on NT machines.

4. There is something called "IP Forwarding" that I am not sure how it works.
This might
do it for you.  Rather than a proxy server, set up a machine with duel IP
addresses (one for
your public and one for your private) and there is a checkbox somewhere under
the TCP/IP
properties for "IP Forwarding".   Again, I think this would only work for
outgoing requests,
though, and I am quite sure there are all kind of security issues involved, I
would not take this
course of action lightly.

5. Forget talking directly from the remote public IIS server.  Have your remote
IIS server talk
to a PC in your office and request data from there.  Then have your local IIS
server request that
data from your AS/400.

Now, these are a lot of suggestions, some good, some bad.  You have to look at
the security in
your office and how comfortable you are with opening your AS/400 to the
internet.  I do think the
order I would do them in is:

#1 first.  Set up the security and put your AS/400 on the internet.  Easiest
way in the long run, and
not much of a head ache.  Now you can also set up the POP3 and SMTP services on
it too, and
perhaps set up the HTTP server, FTP server, etc.. and really be able to
communicate.

#3 next.  You don't want to open up your AS/400 to the internet, so create a
custom proxy program
to handle the communications.  This talks on one specific port you specify and
is very secure.  You
wouldn't have to change any of the existing program either to get this to work,
just make a new program.

#2.  You don't want to write your own proxy program, use a normal one, but you
are going to spend
forever and a day trying to figure out how to route a specific incoming port
request to a specif ip on your
network.  Maybe it's easier than I think it is, but I doubt it.

#5.  Don't even worry about the IP forwarding of any type, just proxy the data
requests them selves.  This
will dramatically slow down the process though.

#4 last resort.  I don't even know if this will work, I've just seen the little
check box and I *think* this is
what it will do.  I think this would be the same as opening up your network to
the internet though.  I would
only attempt this as a last resort, as I said.

Good luck.

Regards,

Jim Langston