Cyndi,

A system that is on the Internet cannot connect to a system with an IP
address of 10.x.x.x.  This range is reserved for private networks, so all
of the routers on the Internet are trained to discard these packets.

What you have to do is use a "public" IP address to access your AS/400.
For example, we will assume that you have an IP address to use in the
207.70.X.X range.  The IIS server would connect to this "public" IP
address.  Your router would be configured to route requests for that IP
address to the IP address of your firewall.  Your firewall would then have
a NAT static route to route requests for that IP address to the internal
10.x.x.x address of your AS/400.  When you configure the NAT entry, you can
configure it so that it only works for specific socket ports.  You would
need to know what socket ports you are going to use.  Also, with some
firewalls, you do not need to have a separate IP address for the other
system, you can just use the IP address of the firewall.  This has two nice
advantages,

1)  You do not need to acquire another IP address.
2)  You do not have to change your router configuration.

You will also need to modify the IP filters of your firewall to allow the
traffic to flow between the two systems on the socket port specified.

It isn't easy, but hopefully this will get you started.

Mark Phippard
Director of Development
SoftLanding Systems