  • Subject: RE: C/A License question
  • From: "Allen, Stuart" <sallen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 09:00:11 -0500

Hi Dale,

This is further down the user guide from the last bit i cut and pasted:

"Version 3 Release 1 and later of Client Access is licensed by the number of
concurrently active PCs that are accessing Version 3 AS/400 systems. PCs are
counted when they connect to the AS/400 system and they keep that license
until they disconnect from the AS/400 system. When disconnected, the license
is made available for another PC to use. If a PC connects to more than one
Version 3 AS/400 system, that PC requires a license on EACH AS/400 system to
which it connects.

A PC uses only one Client Access Express license per AS/400 system
regardless of the number of sessions that are established to that AS/400
system. For example, you can start many 5250 emulation, file transfer, or
other sessions to the system and the PC will only require one Client Access
Express license. In addition to a Client Access Express license, you also
need an OS/400 license for each PC on each Version 3 AS/400 system"

Regards,
Stuart

Stuart Allen
European Systems Analyst