  • Subject: RE: Archiving AS/400 Reports to PC files
  • From: Alan Schuetze <aschuetze@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 10:11:44 -0700

Leo,

Ethical warning: I work for a company that makes a possible solution for
you.

You have many choices out in the market place, dozens.  We, along with our
competitors can automatically capture your spooled files and archive them.
What you can do with the reports after you capture them is where the
differences come into play.

CD burner for long term storage?
I'm still not sold on this type of a solution.  I've been unable to find
data on the shelf life of a burned CD.  Lots of documentation and white
papers on stamped/production CDs but burned CDs use a different technology.

Anybody with any info on burned CDs?

Regards,

Alan Schuetze
Magellan Software
Integrated Content Management and Workflow
Phone: 949-784-8000
Fax: 949-784-8200
www.magellan.com <http://www.magellan.com>