  • Subject: Re: XML and AS/400
  • From: "Bob Crothers" <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2000 17:21:36 -0500

John,

And I get tired of hearing folks say "Java will take over the world,
spend a day with a book and you will be doing it".  Well, this is not
true (learning overnight, or IMHO, Java taking over the world).  BUT,
it (oo) IS worth doing.  Whether it be C++, Java, Smalltalk or it
sounds like Delphi; OO is a very good thing.

And again, As I said earlier, I know nothing about Delphi....so I can't
speak for it's "oo'ishness".  I do know about Java & C++.  Been using
C++ for a long time and Java just a bit.  Been doing RPG since before
time began (Sys/3's).

And perhaps sometimes I reply to quickly.  Something in L.S.'s post
pushed a button. Probably not his fault, defiantly mine for letting it
get pushed and then reacting publicly.

Humbly,
Bob