  • Subject: Re: 4224 attached to 5294
  • From: "Tracey MacKenzie" <spanner@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 08:12:09 +1300

I like the idea of the text assist function being reponsible or some other
configuration error.

Look at it from this angle, the controller sees the device when you
configure the 5294, so it's probably not cable - though you can never be
100% with twinax I guess. So it's probably either a configuration issue or a
feature you need to use it. If you can configure it as a 5256 (as you tried)
that ought not need that feature so stick with that emulation until you get
it working. Can you do a configuration dump to check that the printer is
emulated the way you think it is ? What kind of printer is it  - an actal
IBM ?

I'd definitely also replace the T-Connector anyway and change ports on the
controller "just in case" .

Cheers
Evan Harris