  • Subject: RE: ECS doesen't work
  • From: "Gary Kuznitz" <docfxit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 09:23:11 -0800

Thanks Tim.  That's just what I need right now.  More confusion.

Talk about confusion.  I thought maybe the qesline may have a problem so
I deleted it.  I ran the program QTIINSTL and it recreated the line just
fine.  I saw it.  Yes I did a F5 to refresh the screen.  I veryed it on and
off.  No problem.  I did a SNDSRVRQS *TEST.  I got an error CPF2601
Line  description not found.  I did it all over again.  Same results.  I
proceeded with a RCMSTG.

Then to add to the confusion.  The resource in the rack description is
wrong.  The book "Setting Up Your 9401 Model 150" says on page 1-15 to
connect the cable to the left side of the adapter card position 2B.  The
book also shows a picture of the back side of the 150 and 2B is the
second card from the bottom on the left connector page 1-23.  I tested it
and it responds just fine.   When I do a Wrkhdwrsc it shows the resource
in 1B.  The rest of the resources are just as messed up.  The Ethernet line
it shows should be in 1C when it's actually in 2C (and the book confirms
this)  And it is actually working in 2C.  Why would the factory settings
show the rack wrong?  Or is there a PTF that I haven't found that fixes
this?  Or is there another book that tells you to add 1 to all resource
names in Wrkhdwrsc?  After all 1B + 1 = 2B.   1C + 1 = 2C.  Maybe I'm
supposed to modify the rack config from the factory settings?

Thanks,

Gary Kuznitz