  • Subject: Re: ECS doesen't work
  • From: "Gary Kuznitz" <docfxit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 09:17:32 -0800

Hi Nigel,

Thanks for checking.  I called Multitech and they confirmed the switch
settings for the BLK and the BA models are the same.  The only difference
between the two is the BLK model supports 4 wire leased line.  I also
found out that pin 20 is DTR.  I will check to make sure the 400 is
bringing that up when I very it on.  It would help if I could verify the
internal settings on the modem also.  If it's too much trouble it's ok.  I
realize everyone is busy.  The tech said I may need AT&D0 but he wasn't
sure.  In order to view the internal setting he said write down the original
setting first then connect it up to a PC and change pin 8dn10u and 12dn
Then on a terminal screen
ATL5
ATL6
ATL7
will give all the internal settings.  Make sure 8,10 & 12 are returned to
their original settings.  I know switch 12 up is SYNC down is ASYNC.
I certainly wouldn't want you to re-type all those settings.  I hope you
have a way of capturing that screen.  If you do have a way of capturing
the screen and zipping into a file you are welcome to email me directly.
Dave doesn't like attachments.  I use Snagit for all text or image captures.
 It can be found at http://www.snagit.com/

Thanks a bunch,

Gary Kuznitz

> Gary, I have used the Multitech MT2834BLK successfully - I dont know
how
> the spec for the BLK compares with the BA model. Anyhow, my modem is
at
> home but I will e-mail switch settings etc later when I can check it.
Maybe