  • Subject: Re: How to (re)train?
  • From: DAsmussen@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 06:59:39 EST

Endre,

<<snip>>
> She knew almost everything there was to know  (at that time)  on the
> Midrange
>  family.
>  Problem: she never worked with the AS series.
>  She is wiling to train (re-train?).

You're kidding, right?  You actually have to _think_ about this ;-)?  An
exellent person, that worked well with customers, whose only fault is that
they don't know the AS series?  Unless she's been on hiatus for the last six
years due to killing or stealing from a customer, you ought to be asking her
what size she would like her "bag of cash" in, IMO.  Heck, _I've_ been working
with the latest hardware for the last 5 years and don't know the AS series --
it's just not my job to spec hardware anymore.  Back when it _was_ my job to
know the hardware inside-out, IBM didn't offer those lovely CD's that told you
everything you needed to know and didn't have agreements with all these major
software vendors wherein you could "pre-configure" a machine for a specific
package.  Back then, "if it wasn't plug 'n go, you just didn't know".  Hire
her, already!

JMO,

Dean Asmussen
Enterprise Systems Consulting, Inc.
Fuquay-Varina, NC  USA
E-Mail:  DAsmussen@aol.com

"Acceptance of prevailing standards often means we have no standards of our
own." -- Jean Toomer