Jerry,

  While it is true that it exists and that it has great function, (Including
that of the 8235 and
the 2210) there are a few BUT$,

  8235 was about $2,500 with Enet or T/R and 8 ports, used standard serial
cables, had virtually NO
user installed options and was SIMPLE to configure. (Yes there was the memory
upgrade a couple
versions back and of course the internal modem version but that was about it.)
Total cost for 8
ports $312 per port plust modems.

  2212 is about $6,500 with no Lan adaptor (+$1,000) and 4 ports(add 4 for
$1,300), uses $100 a toss
serial cables, has a daunting array of available cards, memory options, even a
hard drive option and
HAVE YOU USED THE CONFIG PROGRAM? Zowie! That thing requires a P200, 1024x768
screen, 64MB RAM and
has more buttons, lists and boxes than carter has little pills! (The 2210
version anyway, I can't
imagine the 2212 version being smaller with all it's options) Total cost for 8
ports $1,200 per port
plus modems!

  IBM Is still missing the entry level box that was the beloved 8235!

--
Larry Bolhuis         |
Arbor Solutions, Inc  | Two rules to success in life: