Hi All,

     This is somewhat related to a recent question on last truncating
characters in records for FTP. Infact, I've sent the solution. But now I
have a similar problem. We are sending some work files to PC from AS400
daily. The last character for each record in the workfiles is '|'. On
As400, when we see the file, it looks OK. But when FTP the file to PC, the
last character is being translated as '!' (exclamation symbol). Some of our
PC jobs are failing due to this inconsistancy. We want to replace this '|'
character with someother character to identify the End of record. But if we
replace it with someother character, we are not sure whether that character
will be transmitted properly or not. We cannot go on trial and error basis.
So I want to check any of you have similar problems and if so, which
characters you've used.

Note : I could use characters 0...9 but I dont want because the last field
in the work file is a number, so for users, it will be confusing if we put
0...9 as the last character.

Thanx in advance for any help/suggestion. Good day.

Best Regards,
VenuGopal


+---
| This is the Midrange System Mailing List!
| To submit a new message, send your mail to "MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com".
| To unsubscribe from this list send email to MAJORDOMO@midrange.com
|    and specify 'unsubscribe MIDRANGE-L' in the body of your message.
| Questions should be directed to the list owner/operator: david@midrange.com
+---


This thread ...

Follow-Ups:

Follow On AppleNews
Return to Archive home page | Return to MIDRANGE.COM home page

This mailing list archive is Copyright 1997-2019 by midrange.com and David Gibbs as a compilation work. Use of the archive is restricted to research of a business or technical nature. Any other uses are prohibited. Full details are available on our policy page. If you have questions about this, please contact [javascript protected email address].