Can you give us the web-adress, I just want to have a look on the old but
good stuff.

regards Gregor

-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: Richard Hart [mailto:rhart@ATCDG.COM]
Gesendet: Montag, 28. Oktober 2002 22:08
An: mi400@midrange.com
Betreff: RE: [MI400] A Blast from the Past

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for your offer.  I was able to locate a book on the web about
System/3 Assembler (!), which I assume was the ancestor of System/34
(and System/36.  However, I would appreciate it if you could run me off
a copy; I would be happy to send you a cheque for your time and postage.

I was interested in how the macroprocessor worked (I remember that was
one of the topics covered in the manual).  Not to show my age either,
but I started with the System/34.  Actually, I/S is my second career (or
first, since being a bank teller was not exactly a career :)).  We
wanted to purchase a System/38, but there was no banking software
written for it at the time (1982).

Thanks again for your response,

Richard Hart

P.S.  I still have the manual for the AS/400 Edit-Document function of
Office; I am not sure why, since I really never used it (I forget the
exact title).  EDTDOC was hard for me to master, although I have talked
to folk who really liked it.  Anyway, I will be happy to give it away if
anyone would like to have it (admirers of ancient word processing
implementations! ... )