I know this is no longer a MI question as opposed to an AS/400 or REXX
question.
But I have been testing the following rexx function, but keep getting this
error:

Error in line 17: Failure in system service.

the function looks as follows. (the lines numbers are only for reference)

01   'OVRDBF FILE(STDIN) TOFILE(MYLIB/RCVPF)'
02   'OVRDBF FILE(STDOUT) TOFILE(MYLIB/RCVSAVF)'
03
04   address EXECSQL
05   EXECSQL 'SET OPTION COMMIT = *NONE'
06   SEL = 'SELECT COUNT(*) FROM MYLIB/RCVPF'
07   EXECSQL 'PREPARE S1 FROM :SEL'
08   EXECSQL 'DECLARE C1 CURSOR FOR S1'
09   EXECSQL 'OPEN C1'
10   EXECSQL 'FETCH C1 INTO :ICOUNT'
11   EXECSQL 'CLOSE C1'
12
13   RECORD_COUNT = ICOUNT
14   DO RECORD_COUNT
15     PARSE LINEIN INREC
16   IF INREC == '' THEN LEAVE
17     SAY INREC
18   END
19   EXIT

I have created the savf, but it looks like it cannot write to it anyway.
If I change the STDOUT to be the screen instead, then I have no problem.

Thanks again
Bruce

This message, along with any attachments, may be confidential or legally
privileged.  It is intended only for the named person(s), who is/are the
only authorized recipients. If this message has reached you in error,
kindly destroy it without review and notify the sender immediately. Thank
you for your help.