From: McCready, Joan [mailto:Joan.McCready@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, March 21, 2003 9:19 AM
To: 'MAPICS ERP System Discussion'
Subject: RE: XA Release 7

Ron,

>From everything I've been hearing, in this group and from user groups
>and
conferences, I'd recommend you implement Rel 6, especially as a new install.

We implemented Rel 4 almost five years ago. What our affiliate (reseller)
didn't tell us at the time was that Rel 4 had just come out, and we were one
of the first installs. It made for a more-difficult implementation that we
would have had if we had implemented (the more mature) Rel 3 and then
upgraded to 4 later. If you implement Rel 7, you won't really know if some
of your problems are because you are new to MAPICS or because Rel 7 is still
"buggy."

Just my 2 cents worth, from experience. BTW, we are currently at Rel 6
(upgraded about 14 months ago) and have no plans to upgrade to Rel 7 anytime
soon. When we do upgrade, it will likely be after Rel 8 is out, and
definitely after we're assured that everything we need is really ready and
working in Rel 7.

       -- Joan

Joan McCready, IS Manager      phone:  636-479-4499
MetalTek International         fax:  636-479-3399
The Carondelet Division        www.metaltekint.com
8600 Commercial Blvd
Pevely, MO  63070