Some other good options to develop against MAPICS or roll your own:

1) Progen -- solid green screen template programming from BCD and believe it
or not
        a vendor that enhances their product and measures up to my support
standards!
        Good documentation.
2) Websmart -- the CGI/RPG ILE version of web programming from BCD. Only
downside is
        the templates don't match Progen. A good way to get into web
programming without     much pain. Good documentation.
3) CodeCharge Studio -- currently $279, it can generate web based code
flexibly and    target it at multiple sources, .net, ASP, PHP etc. The
templates are very      as/400ish with built in search, good performance and
separate grid (subfile) and     record formats. Well documented.
4) Microsoft WebMatrix -- Free, drag and drop programming, the stunted
version of      Visual Studio .net but still effective with lots lower
resource and pc         requirements. MS Press has a book on starting web
programming with it. The SQL    generator is fantastic!

All are suitable for non-programming types that want to get into
programming.

Regards

Konrad