I hope the discussion group won't mind if I give you the MAPICS, Inc. view
on the User Conference and other events.

The MAPICS User Conference is designed to be both an opportunity for
customers to learn more about products you have already purchased as well
to learn about how other products we offer can help your companies. We try
to keep a balance between selling and helping you make the most of the
products you already have. We are aware that unless you get the products
you already bought from us working, that you are unlikely to come back and
buy more from us!

The feedback we get from customers who attend is always very positive with
customers always asking for more information on the new applications. Like
most companies, MAPICS customers are looking for help with new projects
like CRM, e-business or SCM and expect us to help. The Call for Papers for
next year's event will be going out soon and we encourage customers to
submit presentations about their MAPICS implementations and anyone who
gets their presentation accepted has their conference fee waived.

We also believe Common is an important event.  We were at Common in New
Orleans this spring and will also be at the October event giving
presentations and with a booth in the expo. Its a great event and if you
will be there feel free to stop by our booth, but I think its fair to say
that you will not get as many MAPICS focussed sessions as at the MAPICS
User Conference.

You should also be aware that there are regional user events and user
groups that are taking place this fall, for details go to
http://www.mapics.com/news/events/conferences.html.

Finally we have our biweekly Netconference program which also tries to
keep a balance between selling and learning with one Netconference a week
on new applications and one a week on how to use your existing
applications. To sign up and view the schedule go to
http://www.mapics.com/netconferences/

Please keep the discussion going, we welcome the input and will use it
ensure that future events are as successful as this year's.

Steve Watson
Director of Product Marketing
MAPICS, Inc.