  • Subject: RE: EDI Requirements
  • From: "Ed Chabot" <echabot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 09:51:52 -0400

Paul,
We have just gone through this using EC and it was a bear.  EC is not very well documented or very well supported.  There was a lot of trial and error to get where we needed to be.  I understand, that by using one of the third party mappers on top of the EC module, that it is somewhat easier to accomplish the task at hand.  Unfortunately, we couldn't justify the $40K for the volume of EDI that we do so we have gotten as much as possible from EC and are downloading the data in a format that our PC-based EDI system will read and are sending it off that way.  I would have liked to keep the whole EDI thing on the AS/400 but as I said earlier, it was cost prohibitive.  I know you wanted to know about the more successful implementations but I figured that hearing about some of the less successful ones could help as well.

Ed Chabot
The Marlin Firearms Company
100 Kenna Drive
North Haven, CT 06473