I hear you on the IBM thing, but with Systems Director Navigator for i5 OS... (wow, I am tired after typing that name) and VirtualBox, the CA thing is just not worth it on Linux. Dismal is not the word for it either.

As for the internal on the ThinkPad, F11 even supported the damn BroadCom inside the Dell mini 10v... well, after adding the RPMFusion repository and updating, that is.

Oh yeah, probably do it in my sleep, so if I forgot to mention it before... the repository at RPMFusion.org rocks! Don't leave yum without it! <lol>