Hello, I'm rather new to as400 & tn5250 so maybe this is a FAQ, but
searching the list archives has not revealed any clues. Maybe my keywords
are inappropriate.

The first time I ran the tn5250, I was asked for a host to sign in to in
an on screen dialogue. Subsequently not supplying a host on the command
line causes an error. I would like to be able to create a menu item for
xt5250 (or x5250) but this is tricky if I have to add a host to the
command line.

If I have seen the box asking for a host once, there should be a way to
get it again. The 5250 howto does not seem to cover this.

Can anyone help?

Regards,
Andrew Stringer

This thread ...