On Tue, 9 Apr 2002, Sean Porterfield wrote:

> Whenever the quick-connect comes up, it says 24x80.  Can the default be
> changed to 27x132?  (Even after creating a tn5250rc, I couldn't get 27x132
> to work, even though the docs say that is a default.  It did switch if I
> used quick-connect to set 27x132.  I did not specify a terminal type in my
> tn5250rc.)

No, 27x132 is not the default, you either need to select it or set
the terminal type in your tn5250rc, just like the Unix verison.
(Maybe the docs are wrong or unclear, I'll look at that)

> If I check the box to verify the SSL certificate, how do I know it worked?
> I tried it just by checking the box and got errors.  When I used the config
> file to specify a CA file, I got no errors.  Is that my proof?  (Not a
> problem, just want to make sure.)  The fun part will come when I create user
> certificates and force the AS/400 to verify them...

Well, if the only difference between the "got errors" session and the
"got no errors" session is that you specified a CA file, then it looks
like it's verifying it. :)  (since, the verifying must be what's giving
you the errors)

You might also try looking at some of the data in a trace file the
first few times, I know I put some detail in there (but, at this point
I don't remember exactly what)

> I haven't been paying attention in the past few days...  Is there no
> keyboard mapping in this version?

True, there's no keyboard mapping (except that provided by the OS) in
any version of tn5250.   That's something that needs to be worked on.

> And when I maximize the window, the screen in the window stays the same
> size instead of filling my screen.  I think those have both been
> mentioned recently.

Yeah, I did some work on this last night.  The changes are in CVS, but
I haven't made a new binary dist for it yet...   I'll try to get that done
today.