> From: Paul Holm
>
> 4)       The applications were built on top of an OO framework that my
> company develops and externalizes in a product called WOW.

> 6)       Both applications were built with 0 lines of code written or
> generated.  The applications run based on metadata which is configured
and
> executed dynamically.  All of the requirements in the applications are
> reoccurring software problems that have been solved via OO frameworks.

And this is the issue I'm trying so very hard to make clear.  **IF** the
problem is repeatable as Paul's examples are, and **IF** you've already
written a framework as Paul's already has, then OO works very well.  My
contention is that a significant portion of business applications are
NOT repeatable.

But even so, what if one technique could be used for the stuff that
isn't repeatable, but it could be combined with a framework like Paul's?
Paul's code would take the drudgework out of the maintenance
programming, and free us up to do the real work.  This is a fascinating
possibility, and one that would quickly elevate the iSeries into perhaps
the most productive platform on the planet, from EVERY aspect.

So, I really would like everyone to take a look at the website:

http://demo.plutabrothers.com/IAAI

There's nothing in the public forums right now, but just take a look at
the website and the look and feel.  I may try to draft a quick overview
in the next couple of days, but that will still be read only for
non-members.  To really participate, you'll need to join the beta
process.

To do that, drop me an email at joepluta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and I will
send you a password to enable you for the beta period, which I suspect
will last a week or two.  After that, discussions such as this will have
a home where we can lay to rest the guessing, and come up with real
answers that we can ALL use.

Joe