Nathan/All

Sorry if I didn?t catch the full array of your post.  Again, IMHO,  when you
start to develop as you described, I?d classify that programming as more OO
than procedural.

We can certainly use any business problem for comparison.  Nathan, you
described a more complex scenario with your banking application.

I spent 48 minutes on it so far plus 14 minutes to create tables that you
described.   This is what I have:

http://www.planetjavainc.com/wow60/run?id=355
<http://www.planetjavainc.com/wow60/run?id=355>   (Dev system that goes up
and down for fixes, etc, treat nicely  :^)

I don?t want to trivialize the business problem your present because I know
it?s complex however this gives us something concrete to look at and
discuss.

The OO app in it?s current status provides:

1.      Bank tellers can add new customers.  Information is validated such as
required fields.  A auto increment field is used to assign a unique  member
number.
2.      Tellers can search for customers by name or state or anything.   Search
critiera is optional.  Once a customer is found:
        a.      Teller can ?add a transaction? for that customer.  Transaction
entry is
enabled with the customers member number filled in and not editable.
        b.      When a account suffix is selected, the sub account pick list is
adjusted
accordingly as you indicated in your requirements.
        c.      Transaction code allows pick list selection.
3.      Once a customer is found, teller can also view transactions for that
customer.
4.      Teller can directly enter a transaction if they know member # .
5.      Teller can search for transactions by member #
6.      Teller can search for transactions by Data range
7.      Teller can ?work with codes files that drive? the picklists.
8.      Teller can run a balance inquiry report and have it automatically
exported into excel for graphing  (This should probably be secured??)
9.      Tellers when viewing any customer can click on the street address to
link
dynamically to MAPQUEST .

Next features under development:

9)       Op code links
10)   Link from transaction back to customer
11)   Reports
12)   Security, tellers should have to signon before using and shouldn?t
have access to code files?
13)   Customers should be able to signon and see their transactions
14)   Customers should be able to check their password
15)   Customers should have financial reports

Thanks,  Paul Holm

Business: 760-432-0600   Home: 760-432-6550
Cell:  760-415-8830
PlanetJ - Makers of WOW  (AKA... WebSphere on Steroids)