>What release of OS/400 are you on?

V5R1 and very current.  We've been doing a bunch of WAS related development
so we have all of the latest group PTFs including Java and DB2.

>What is the message ID for "Trigger program or external
>routine detected an error."  What is the second level help?

call buckProc2 ('select * from comdbtrn/actphy01' )
CPDB520 Error 5 detected on application programming interface.
CPDB520 Error 12 detected on application programming interface.
SQL0443 Trigger program or external routine detected an error.

05- The Java Virtual Machine could not be found.  It was never
created or has been destroyed.

12- The current thread is not attached to a Java Virtual Machine.

Remember that this is happening in ISQL, not the command line.  buckProc2 is
the name of my Java Stored Procedure.  If I drop it, sign off and re-create
it, it works.  Any time I drop/re-create without signing off, I get the
errors.  It is clearly not an issue with either the CREATE PROCEDURE nor
with the actual Java code.  There's some odd mechanical thing happening here
when the class is memory resident and getting changed.
  --buck