From: Keith_McCully@wunderman.co.uk
[mailto:Keith_McCully@wunderman.co.uk]
Sent: August 6, 2002 08:42
To: java400-l@midrange.com
Subject: RE: JavaMail API: SentDate problem

Gary,

You're right, the message was sent at 9:11:14 BST. It seems that the actual
time
is correct but the time zone wrong. I'm not sure but I think the JVM time is
set
from the system variable QTIME which does not get automatically updated for
daylight saving. As far as I know, the time zone is not updated or is that
intentional as strictly BST is not a time zone but a daylight saving feature
of
GMT?

System.err.println(msg.getSentDate().toString()) gives Tue Aug 06 16:27:32
GMT
2002 and again the time is right but should be BST or GMT+01:00.

Also, TimeZone tz = TimeZone.getTimeZone("Europe/London") and
TimeZone.getDefault() give time zone GMT+00:00.

Regards,

Keith