While debugging my store procedure situation (I can get PARAMETER STYLE JAVA
to work, just not DB2GENERAL) I ran across behaviour that confuses me
somewhat.

It seems that in order to update a SP you MUST sign off.  This indicates to
me that the JVM that DB2 is using is part of the job, rather than a single
system task.  Anyway, I stumbled across this by having the same name for my
method as my class:
public class buck {
public static void buck(...
I compile it on the PC, ftp it to the 400, STRSQL and
 create procedure buckProc (in sqlstm char (255))
 language java parameter style java
 external name 'buck!buck'
 CREATE PROCEDURE statement complete.

 call buckProc ('select * from master')
 CALL statement complete.

Woo hoo!  It works.  But then I decide to change the name of the method to
something more meaningful.  I leave STRSQL up, edit the .java to
public class buck {
public static void resultSet(...
compile it, ftp it and
 drop procedure buckProc
 DROP PROCEDURE statement complete.

 create procedure buckProc (in sqlstm char (255))
 language java parameter style java
 external name 'buck!resultSet'
 CREATE PROCEDURE statement complete.

 call buckProc ('select * from master')
 Trigger program or external routine detected an error.

Exiting STRSQL doesn't help.  Signing off allows me to call the SP with the
new method name.

This has significant ramifications during the testing cycle.  Is there no
way to refresh the classes loaded in the JVM other than signing off?
  --buck