Hi Robin,

Let me see if I can address your issues:

1)  You (and Sam) are correct about the compile errors.  Apparently the ILE
SQL precompilers do not support DEBUGVIEW(*SOURCE) and OPTION(*EVENTF)
simultaneously.  When both of these options are specifed (the default
within CODE and probably what most every developer would choose as
options), the *EVENTF option is ignored by the compiler.  In V5R1, CODE has
provided a circumvention to this compiler restriction, by compiling twice
(if necessary) in order to achieve both an events file (which is what you
see open in the Error List window) and a compiled object which is
debuggable.  This circumvention will be (for the most part) transparent to
the user.

2)  This is a design issue, relating to the fact that Program Generator
uses the language profile, rather than the source type to select the
default label.  I thank you for pointing this out, and we will look into
rectifying this design point in the future.  I have opened an internal
defect for this issue. I would also note that once you compile (with
prompt) and select the appropriate label, CODE should remember that label
for the specific member.

3)  More information would be needed for me to better help you with this
problem.  Are you compiling interactive or batch?  Are you using STRCODE?
Are there any messages in your error log file?

4)  The default is always to show the Command Shell.  The reason that this
is useful is that sometimes the error list does not contain sufficient
information to let you know why the compile failed (ie. insufficient
authority etc)  If you turn the notification message off, you should find
that the error list will just appear unanounced once the compile has
completed.  I did notice that for batch compiles, that there are accelators
for the Yes/No buttons (ie you could just press Y or N), but these happen
to be sadly lacking for interactive compiles.  I have opened an internal
defect for this issue.

Hope this helps!

Violaine Batthish
CODE/400 Project Lead
batthish@ca.ibm.com          IBMCA(BATTHISH)

CODE/400 page:  http://www.ibm.com/software/ad/varpg
WDT/400 Support :
http://www.ibm.com/software/ad/wdt400/update_downloads.html

                    Robin Coles

                    <robin@ringbase.co       To:     "'CODE400-L@midrange.com'"
<CODE400-L@midrange.com>
                    m>                       cc:

                    Sent by:                 Subject:     RE: Code queries

                    owner-code400-l@mi

                    drange.com

                    04/02/2001 05:42

                    AM

                    Please respond to

                    CODE400-L

Thanks for the info Sam, at least that's part of the SQL funnies that will
be sorted out.

Cheers
Robin