DeeDee,

We have another application that takes quotes from an in-house Quotation
System and converts them to BPCS orders.

We do this as follows :

1.      The Quote System retrieves the next BPCS Order Number and loads
the Quote data into the BPCS Order Entry Work Files     (ECHW, ECLW and
ESNW)

2.      It writes the Order Number to a control file.

3.      We have a program (ORDM810) that reads this control file every
60 seconds and processes any Order Number not yet       flagged
asprocessed.

4.      The program submits another in-house program (ORDM701) with the
Order Number as a parameter.
        This sets up the parameters and LDA required for ORD701
(standard BPCS Order Post) to run and then calls ORD701 via     SYSOVRC.

It all works very well and no ECM in sight !

Our programs are obviously tailored towards how we work, but I'm sure if
you can get your incoming data onto ECHW, ECLW and ESNW the general idea
would work for you too.

If you would be interested in the source of any programs, let me know
offline and I'll send you some code.

Tom Molyneux

National Oilwell Varco
Mono Pumps Limited