SSA marketing of OGS talks about ALL the wonderful things that we get with
OGS, but for some companies using only a few things on that list, this
marketing misses the target.  Perhaps SSA would get more $$ if they could
unbundle portions of OGS & have categories of customers who do not get all
the wonderful things & in the periodic renewal pay less.

www.MidrangeEnterprise.com has an annual issue (September I think) that lists
all the ERP out there for mid sized companies & gives some information about
the installed base, which I vaguely remember as being in the tens of
thousands worldwide.  It is dependent on the vendors to figure out what that
base is.

I looked in the on-line buyer's guide for ERP & could find nothing about
BPCS, but a search on SSA did get the SSA GT web site.  I think we are
overdue for helping these folks do a proper inclusion of BPCS in their buyers
guide so that companies out there on some other vendor's ERP who are shopping
the competition are more likely to stumble over the BPCS that we love & want
to prosper.

I looked in their article archives but I could not find the information I
remember seeing about numbers of companies using BPCS.  My recollection was
that it was several orders of magnitude above the number of subscribers here
which you can see from
http://www.midrange.com/liststats.htm
and we know that some companies have multiple participants here & there are
several vendor subscribers

Look in their article archives & search on BPCS.
You will find links to articles on the various upgrades that SSA has
announced in recent years, links to information about places that do BPCS
education, articles about various add-on products to BPCS from 3rd parties
other than from SSA,

Roger.Henady@thorco.com writes:

> If the OGS continues to go up more companies will choose to drop the
>  support.   Will this really result in more $$ for SSA?    With less users
>  on support that will result in less companies on the newer releases and a
>  smaller piece of the market.   Without OGS,  when a company chooses to
>  upgrade they will evaluate competitors products.
>
>  I wonder what percent of the customers have OGS.   30% ??     If OGS did
>  not cost so much $$$$$$$$.    Maybe that number would grow to 50%.     To
>  prove the ROI on OGS is getting harder to do.    During a tough year the
>  Expense of OGS is hard to justify.

BPCS 405 CD Manager / Programmer @ Global Wire Technologies Incorporated
http://www.globalwiretechnologies.com = new name same quality wire
engineering company: fax # 812-424-6838