I looked for the action messages myself and found only that there is a
planned reschedule date in the files.  The KMR file lists all Material
Requirements (both met and unmet needs) - the KFP lists all the planned
orders based on the KMR needs that are not met. Therefore I had to get
creative and I have written several AS/400 queries to obtain a quick glance
at the Expedite orders and releaseable orders.  This gives each planner a
list of their 'HOT' items that they can review each morning.

For open PO that need to be expedited - I use the HPO file and compare the
due date (PDDTE) to the MRP reschedule date, (PLDTE).

For open PO that are past due receipt - again I use the HPO file with any PO
that has a due date older than today's date.

For open SO - I list the shop orders by due date from the FSO file with the
MRP reschedule date available so that each planner can reschedule their own
shop orders.  (The standard BPCS report, MRP209, lists  all shop orders on
the same report.) This list is actually given to the forman on the shop
floor so that they know which shop orders to complete first.

For Planned Purchase orders - This lists the purchase orders that need to be
released that day.  I use the KFP file where the planned release date is
equal to today's date.

For Planned Release Shop Orders - We use the standard MRP250 report with
today's date only as the parameters as this lists the shortages on
components.

Primitive in some respects but it works.

Beth A. Norris
Fawn Engineering
Des Moines, IA
bnorris@wittern.com