Thanks

We are on 405 CD

We are also reviewing our lead times accuracy.

I noticed there is a lead time field in both CIC & IIM.
There are various item horizon & planning fields duplicated across CIC & IIM.
I am assuming that MRP run by facility uses the ones in CIC, rather than IIM,
but it would be smart to seek consistency of data unless we have known
situations to be different across facilities.

I have been struggling with dates in HPO & date math to calculate vendor
performance in terms of when did we order this & when did the vendor deliver
& can we rely on that to improve our official lead times.

I figure lead time violation is not simple to show.

In the absense of good item horizon day values, a customer order entered into
the system whose requirements would make the lowest children components past
due ... MRP won't even plan that, lead time violation or not, and we need to
identify any input to our system which is in violation of policy, because if
the shop orders are started based on the customer order lead time violation,
they will consume raw materials that were aquired for orders that did not
violate lead times, and purchasing will not learn that we need to order
enough raw materials until we are faced with a surprise shortage.

I built a work file that goes through the BOM to try to construct cumulative
lead time into a field at customer item facility level ... it is not working
perfectly yet ... in hopes of matching that with # days ahead of today that a
customer order promise was entered.