These are in CODE as well - always have been. They seem to be from a different origin - CODE, after all, started out as an OS/2 product and was probably based on something internal to IBM - Jon probably knows the history. You have Alt-M to move, Alt-U to unselect, Alt-L to select lines, probably Alt-B for block mode (the most like what we are used to in Windows), etc. Turns out there's even case conversion. All this is under the Selected-> item in the Edit menu.

Trouble for me is, sometimes the 2 copy/paste subsystems seem to get confused - or maybe it's just me. As an example, when I drag to select something, I normally expect that clicking somewhere will unselect. But for some reason, sometimes it does not. I have to use Alt-U to clear the selection. Another case -- I'm not always to move a rectangle to the right or the left in the same set of lines - end up having to copy, then delete.

So far, I just put up with weirdness, but it'd be nice if some veteran could explain how best to use these several features.

Anyone ready to go back to Wordstar "dot" commands?

Vern

At 12:21 AM 8/28/2004, you wrote:
> From: Jon Paris
>
> I don't understand this one Joe.  I use both CODE and WDSc to
copy/paste
> columns.  What's the problem?

In WDSC, I still haven't found the menu option that corresponds to
column copy - is there one?  I thought I had tried everything until Vern
gave me the magical Alt-C combination.

Is Alt-C common in CODE? I never use CODE except for the occasional
conversion, so that might explain why I never thought to use it in WDSC.

Joe