Reeve

I just installed 5.1.2 - latest and greatest! - and I really like the CL formatting options now. This was an area that I hated in the previous release. Here's the documentation on the CL Automatic Formatter-->

When editing CL, CLP, CLLE, and CMD source with the Remote Systems LPEX editor, the source is automatically formatted. You can customize this formatter to suit your needs.
When you enter source into the editing area of CL file, the text is formatted when you go to a new line or you move your cursor to a different line. For example, if you begin your line of text with a command such as CRTCMD, the beginning of the label is automatically positioned to column 2. However, you can specify a different column position in the editor preferences.

1. From the Remote Systems view, click the drop-down menu [] and select Preferences > iSeries LPEX editor parsers.
2. In the Preferences window, select CL. The check box for Automatic formatting should be selected by default. You can then edit the entries in the fields below to customize the formatter:
-- The value in the Label position field specifies the column position for the label.
-- The value in the Command position field specifies the column position for the command. This value must be greater than the Label position value, unless you select the Label above command check box, in which case, the command can appear directly beneath or even to the left of the label, on the next line.
-- The value in the Continued line indent field specifies the column when the text will be continued if it spans more than one line.
-- Check the Label above command check box if you want the label to appear above, rather than to the left of your command string.
-- Check the One parameter per line check box if only want one parameter to appear on each line.

I don't remember the settings in 5.1.0 -- I think I'm going to like espec. the one parameter per line setting.

So, for me at least, high kudos to the team!

Vern