Trying to remember what I did, but I have the following version installed(works from QSH and PASE):

> curl -V
curl 7.27.0 (powerpc-ibm-aix5.1.0.0) libcurl/7.27.0 OpenSSL/0.9.8y zlib/1.2.3
libidn/1.28 libssh2/1.2.7
Protocols: dict file ftp ftps gopher http https imap imaps ldap ldaps pop3
pop3s rtsp scp sftp smtp smtps telnet tftp
Features: IDN IPv6 Largefile NTLM NTLM_WB SSL libz

Matt Lavinder wrote on 9/3/2014 4:00 PM:
I have been playing on and off with getting several common Unix commands
working on the system. Many seem to be working, but I get this when I
try to use cURL (which impacts many other commands and scripts):

exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program curl because of the following errors:
0509-022 Cannot load module
0509-150 Dependent module
/usr/lib/libiconv.a( could not be loaded.
0509-152 Member is not found in archive
0509-022 Cannot load module curl.
0509-150 Dependent module
/opt/freeware/lib/libidn.a( could not be
0509-022 Cannot load module.

What bothers me is I think this means that libidn.a is looking at
/usr/lib for libiconv.a and is finding the wrong version. I believe
/usr/lib contains the libraries and dependencies provided by IBM, so I
don't think I want to mess with any thing there.

What is the safest way to get libidn.a the right version of libiconv.a?
I want my cURL command to work without breaking stuff. I sort of get
Unix dependencies and such, but not well enough (yet) to know a way to
fix this. Every suggestion I see online from AIX gurus involves

I hope there is an easier solution.