Thanks for that link Buck - for some reason the help content in RDi appears to be out-of-date and does not even include the keyword for printers. Seems the problem was that the display file used an additional keyword (*MIN) which is not valid for printers.

Now to do battle with all the other keywords ...

Thanks to all for the suggestions.

On 2014-09-02, at 3:58 PM, Buck Calabro <kc2hiz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 9/2/2014 3:44 PM, Jon Paris wrote:
Man - it has been a long long time since I did much with display and printer files ...

I have to "convert" a bunch of display files that use the CCSID keyword to be printer files. Foolishly I thought the same keyword would apply but apparently not.

Can anyone suggest a suitable printer file alternative?

I think we have to declare the fields as G (graphic) and specify
CCSID(UTF16-CCSID) or CCSID(*REFC). Look up Programming > DDS >
Printing > Unicode considerations for printer files: IBM Knowledge
Center - Unicode considerations for printer files

Jon Paris