Re: Printer equivalent for display file CCSID keyword.

fixed

On 9/2/2014 3:44 PM, Jon Paris wrote:
Man - it has been a long long time since I did much with display and printer files ...

I have to "convert" a bunch of display files that use the CCSID keyword to be printer files. Foolishly I thought the same keyword would apply but apparently not.

Can anyone suggest a suitable printer file alternative?

I think we have to declare the fields as G (graphic) and specify
CCSID(UTF16-CCSID) or CCSID(*REFC). Look up Programming > DDS >
Printing > Unicode considerations for printer files: IBM Knowledge
Center - Unicode considerations for printer files
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/ssw_ibm_i_72/rzakd/dspfil.htm?lang=en

--buck