Re: Another heads up on a restore

fixed

On 12-Aug-2014 10:47 -0500, rob@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
And it's not just getting the authorization lists right.
I had to rerun this:
GRTOBJAUT OBJ(RSTOBJ) OBJTYPE(*CMD) USER(*PUBLIC) AUT(*USE)

To me this sounds like IBM has had to make a deliberate attempt to
change the authority of that command to some IBM suggested default.
<<SNIP>>

In a message thread back in April [subject "V6R1 to V7R1 i5/OS DSLO image upgrade issues"], I was going to document such issues for which the only recovery [ever] will be, to apply the System Change Management as part of the "R" portion of DR. Because that [Restore Object (RSTOBJ) command authority] and other situations will always exist [for various reasons], the system owner is pretty much _required to reapply_ customizations [esp. to anything in QSYS] after any *install* of the OS, irrespective of for why the install was performed.