Re: How does networking (communication) work when in the cloud

fixed

Hi Nathan -

On Fri, 1 Aug 2014 15:27:02 -0600, Nathan Andelin <nandelin@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Mainstream hosting providers use "A" records to define "subdomains"
and offer wildcard certificates such as *.example.com for all
"subdomains" of example.com. You seem to have a problem with that. But
why?

Here's another way to look at it.

A domain is like a directory.

A subdomain is like a directory within another directory (where the
containing directory could be a domain directory or a subdomain
directory).

A host is like a file within one of those directories.

If someone said that they needed a program to edit customer orders
against the items in the item master directory, how much sense would
that make?

If lots of people talked about the item master directory, would that
somehow make a directory and a file be the same thing?

Ken