@Holger,

It's worse than that. I've seen machines come from IBM (OK, IBM Argentina
so they might have been installed by a clueless BP) where they had 4GB on a
520, only 1GB avaiable (they had the old style partitioning when the
machine had no partitions at all) and the machine had never had a clean
shutdown in all the years since installed (LIC didn't get to dump all
changed pages to disk before it got killed by the *immed). Same machine
with an extra 4Gb and enabling of the missing 3Gb was incredible (and it
was the base 1000/60 machine)...
Best Regards,

Roberto