SQL MAX in Select with Group

fixed

Argh...it's always something. I have this:

Select A.HRSTNO, A.HRADTE, A.HRAPNO,
A.HRPSS#, A.HRRSTS, B.GPKEY FROM hrsaplp a, gecapdp b WHERE
A.HRSTNO= b.gpstor and A.HRAPNO = b.gpapnm and
a.hrrsts = '9'
and hradte between 20140727 and 20140728
Order By a.hrstno

And I'm finding some dups (first time ever). So I want to get the max value
of B.GPKEY. However, when I change it to MAX(B.GPKEY), I get this:

Column HRSTNO or expression in SELECT list not valid.

How can I have the aggregate function MAX with this SELECT?

Thanks!