YMMV of course. I know one poor soul that used an image catalog on a Power5 520 with two drives mirrored no cache and it took like 35 hours.

I just did a 2-year catch up (including TR4 to TR8) at a customer on Saturday with a Power7 all spinny disks (48 drives.) Perm apply all followed by load and apply was just about 90 minutes total. Four IPLs were counted in there but all were automatic.

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.frankeni.com
www.iDevCloud.com
www.iInTheCloud.com